Friday, September 19, 2008

Mission Trip to China

A university student read my previous post (see My Wandering Heart) and felt God urging her to share a few things with me using her gifts of prophecy and vision. I tell you, for someone who is begging God for the grace to receive His love, to be told by a total stranger that God's love for you is unconditional is quite a bewildering experience, especially before sunrise. I read her e-mail with awe and wonder.

She also shared her plans of joining a short mission trip to China this October. Since she and her sister are not from a Christian family, their mom doesn't want to support their trip financially. If you are moved by this and want to support two students in evangelizing our Chinese brethren, kindly email me at ella.delrosario@gmail.com and I'll connect you to her. She's really looking for generous Christians who want to partner with them for this trip. It will be money well-spent, I think, though I have only exchanged a couple of e-mails with her. I can sense her faith and her love. Her email footer summarizes her purpose at this time:

“Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity.” - 1 Tim 4:12

Seldom do we find young people of this caliber so radical in faith and so willing to use their time in spreading the good news, vis-a-vis the passing pleasures so available to others of their generation. Let's pray for this trip being organized by their church group.

No comments: