Saturday, October 13, 2007

Happiness Is...


San Francisco 021
Originally uploaded by galadriella2007
There's a song from the musical "You're a Good Man ,Charlie Brown" popularized locally by Lea and Gerard Salonga that captures how I feel when I see this picture and remember that beautiful day I spent with Mel hanging out at Pier 39 and walking around Muir Woods.


HAPPINESS

x x x
LINUS
Happiness is having a sister

LUCY
Sharing a sandwich

LUCY AND LINUS
Getting along-

ALL
Happiness is singing together when day is through.
And happiness is those who sing with you.
Happiness is morning and evening,
Daytime and nighttime, too,

CHARLIE BROWN
For happiness is anyone and anything at all
That's loved by you.

If there's someone I sing well with, it's always been Mel. We don't just finish each other's sentences, we also finish each other's songs. Never mind that we remember songs from obscure Disney movies or some Broadway musicals or even wordless classical music played by Papa on his turntable while we were growing up- we just love to sing as we do household chores, and we sang well while I stayed with her for a week in her San Mateo apartment.

I'm excited to see her again together with the rest of the family very soon. I know she doesn't like publicity, but I just had to write this post.

No comments: