Friday, August 03, 2007

Ten Blessings

If God kept a record of my prayers, He probably would have a huge filing cabinet for my petitions and a single folder for my thank-you's. I just never thank Him enough. Everyday, I offer prayers for the variuos tasks at hand. I pray extra hard for relationship difficulties. I pray on my knees when I'm in pain. Even though I make an effort to listen to Him, discern what He's doing, and appreciate where He's moving, I still seldom pause to be grateful for all that He has given me.

I was trying to recall the many blessings of the past year and I was in awe at my backlog in thanksgiving.

Rejoice always,
pray without ceasing,
give thanks in all circumstances;
for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. (1 Thess 5:16-18, ESV)

I thank the Lord for:
  1. My growing and loving family spread across the globe;

  2. My love for music, nurtured in my family, that allows me to sing, dance, train choirs, and play the piano;

  3. My job at CD Asia that allows me to explore my interests in writing, traveling, training, and speaking, while serving the legal profession, and within a Christian environment;

  4. My friends since grade school (Secrets), high school (Phinx), college, UP Law A' 99, Gabay friends, Lingkod QC, Tiguls, Lingkod nationwide, Lingkod National Office, Parish of St. Benedict, Youth Alive, POSH;

  5. My spiritual friends from MGL and the Cenacle;

  6. My nephews and godchildren;

  7. My service opportunities that bring me much joy and fulfillment, whether in the parish, Lingkod, Youth Alive, or other groups that invite me;

  8. Material blessings that abound, from friends and family, even in times of joblessness, which have allowed me to travel, drive, text, call, blog, eat, sleep... obviously, I not only survived, but lived well even during the lean years, especially the past six months;

  9. Work projects that have sustained me even if not on a fulltime basis; and

  10. This particular year to rest, heal, and recharge.

I will try to make this a habit from now on.

No comments: