Wednesday, June 27, 2007

More Confusion

The more you know, the more you know there's more to know.

In case you're wondering why I haven't been writing much the past couple of weeks, it's because I'm assisting in a training project where the subjects are Legal Research and Legal Writing. Instead of inspiring me to write, the eight hours devoted to grammar only reminded me of all the rules that I love to violate, especially in this blog where I seldom edit my work. The lecturer is correct in saying that the seminar, instead of speeding up our process of writing, would initially slow us down as we struggle with the nuances of the language that we used to take for granted.

The guest speaker who opened this week's seminar introduced me as Sister Ella. When I'm in the parish, people call me Attorney. No matter how I try to tell people I'm just Ella, they tend to see me as someone other than what I appear to be. I'm not comfortable with titles, especially this year when I'm primarily re-defining who I am at the core.

Well, this is my problem and should not concern the people around me.

For the confusions around are mere reflections of what's within.

No comments: