Tuesday, June 05, 2007

I'm So Back! *

... From Davao, where we gave the Choices Retreat for lawyers, judges, and their spouses. More on this later.

In photo with me is Mara Quitain, my latest goddaughter. She was born on December 25, 2006 and baptized on January 2, 2007. She has a smile that never fails to take my worries away.


I had a lot of time to rest. It was a blast to be hosted by the Quitains, for they showed me all their favorite haunts - Merco's for the spaghetti, Cecille's for the Pancit Luglug, Taps for tapsilog, and Harana for the seafood. I also tasted Davao lechon and chicharon. Konti lang!

For dessert, we stopped by a fruit stand and had durian! It was the first time that I ate the fruit like that, freshly opened and scooped out using my hands. Yum! Tastes like ice cream. They asked if I wanted to bring home some, but my family is not so adventurous. Judge Quitain gave me a crate of Davao pomelos for them.

I'll share about the retreat tomorrow, promise.

* I'd like to thank Dawn Zulueta's striking billboard along EDSA for my blog's title.

No comments: