Sunday, February 04, 2007

Hawak- Kamay

I caught the last part of the Cenacle VocJam late this afternoon. I heard the first notes of "Power of Your Love" being played and a burst of voices while I was walking towards the newly-renovated Cenacle Retreat House. When I entered, I saw the Cenacle Garden transformed into a concert venue. There was an intimate, family atmosphere. Sr. Susay Valdez, rc and Hangad performed that song with such power that I stood mesmerized. After their song, which was loudly applauded, I joined the Lingkod QC sisters who were helping in the food sale. The "dirty" ice cream was sold out even before the concert ended. I enjoyed comfort food of puto and hotdog.


I was floored to listen to "Stand by Me Still" performed by Himig Heswita and Friends. I convinced the QT's to buy the CD's where Sr. Bubbles and Sr. Susay performed, namely "Prayers from the Upper Room" and "Stand by Me Still".


There was an encore of one of the crowd favorites and this caused our LSS our Last Song Syndrome. I first heard this song from The Posh kids who learned to play it on guitar last sem break. When Fr. Brian heard it during Otep's birthday, he could not understand the lyrics but he requested the kids to sing it again because it was "a nice song", according to him. We told him that "hawak-kamay" meant holding hands, but it also symbolized being there for one another.

What was just a nice song to me before became memorable after watching Sr. Susay and Sr. Bubbles sink their teeth, er voices, into it. I can't get it out of my head tonight. In fairness, the lyrics make sense.

Hawak-Kamay
Yeng Constantino (of Pinoy Dream Academy 2006)

Minsan madarama mo kay bigat ng problema
Minsan mahihirapan ka at masasabing “di ko makakaya”
Tumingin ka lang sa langit
Baka sakaling may masumpungan
Di kaya ako’y tawagin
Malalaman mong kahit kailan

Chorus
Hawak-kamay
Di kita iiwan sa paglakbay
Dito sa mundong walang katiyakan
Hawak-kamay
Di kita bibitawan sa paglalakbay
Sa mundo ng kawalan

Minsan madarama mo
Ang mundo’y gumuho sa ilalim ng iyong mga paa
At ang agos ng problema’y tinatangay ka
Tumingin ka lang sa langit
Baka sakaling may masumpungan
Di kaya ako’y tawagin
Malalaman mong kahit kailan

(Chorus)

Bridge:
Wag mong sabihin nag-iisa ka
Laging isipin meron kang kasama
Narito ako oh, Narito ako…

(Chorus)

Sa mundo ng kawalan
Hawak-kamay, Hawak-kamay
Sa mundo ng kawalan…

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hawak kamay pala ha, eto lang masasabi ko dyan: subukan mo akong tawagan sa cellphone, haha!

Unknown said...

Marlon, ikaw ang naisip namin habang kinakanta nila ito. Kasi dapat mong marinig itong much better version! Mawawala ang iyong aversion, i.e., pagkasuka, sa kanta.