Sunday, January 14, 2007

Phones, Parties, Photos, Prayers for 2007


This is the iPhone. I forgot to upload this photo in my previous post about it. Mama said its price is in the neighborhood of the worth of my preciousss 6600 when it first came out in the market. She believes I could find the job in time for the Philippine release of the iPhone next year. Anyway the nokia is three years old. Time for an upgrade. I think Mama is trying to motivate me, too. I wonder how long they could tolerate me hanging around the house too much before they force me to fly from the nest.



What's a girl to do? I have less responsibilities than before. I'm able to attend birthday parties now. This photo was from Tina's party. She invited the QTs Marlon, Darleth, Ella, Leah, Abby, Imee, and Lorie who are in this picture, and a few others who couldn't fit around the dessert table. It was a night of fun and laughter.


Tina's mom served wonderful food. It was the best homemade rhum cake we'd ever tasted, and she served it with vanilla ice cream. The great food helped set the mood for an interesting honoring for Tina. God does have great plans for that sister. I'm amazed to sit back and watch His hand moving hearts in Lingkod QC. I know it will always be in good hands.

Last night I was at Joseph's birthday party. Joseph is from the Banal na Puso choir. It was a fabulous party full of games, songs, food and drinks. I was moved by the simplicity and generosity of the Francisco family who welcomed us into their home and entertained us so well.

My circle of friends is growing, too. I now have textmates in their pre-teens, from the choir. I don't always understand their text lingo but it sure is fun to hang out with them. We were all together before the 2006 ended, at a swimming party exclusively hosted for them. I served as tagabantay as I was too sick to swim. Still, hearing them sing about going to World Youth Day '08 (Someday we'll know if Posh can go to 'Stralia) and strolling around the mini-zoo with them was time well spent.

Since the year started, I've been to a baptism, a funeral, and a house blessing. I go to daily mass and meet friends for coffee. These are the things I used to not be able to attend or even if I could be present, savor, due to my busy overlapping schedule. But now that I'm slowing down, every invitation and the relationship that goes with it seems sweeter.

I accepted a new service last night. I hope to learn from past mistakes. As the Second Reading for today states, we have different gifts from the same spirit, and each is given according to God's purpose. I have to recognize my limits, without compromising generosity. I didn't plan this but then, this doesn't seem to be a year of planning for me. So far it has been full of surprises. I've made some new friends, while the old have stuck with me throughout the many changes in life.

My relatives will come visit us this year, one couple each month, that our house is beginning to appear like a bed-and-breakfast with airport transfers and a service phone to boot. My immediate family is also planning a reunion, and praying that we be complete, in the last quarter of the year.

Yes, I will not focus on projects this year. It will be about realizing dreams I never knew I had, and discovering answered prayers I long stopped asking for. Jesus can make miracles in my life just as when He transformed water into the best wine in today's Gospel. I saw how He knows what I need and fills my empty heart with His love. I'm beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel. No fairy dust or magic ring could take me there, but only the light that Jesus' love brings.

Point of Grace has a song that I sing in my head these days. It's from the album "The Mercy Project" and it speaks about the hope that's building in my heart.

Love Won't Leave You Now

Point of Grace

Hey, I can see all your dreams
Lying scattered in your fragile heart
You think your world's come apart
But hey, I believe there's gonna be
A brighter day that shines for you my friend
It's waiting around the bend

You've been dancing on the wire
Walking through the fire
Thinking you're all alone
But you're not on your own
There's a faithful hand to guide you
God will always be beside you
All because he is love
And love won't leave you now

So fly, on the wings of your dreams
To the places he is taking you
You're gonna make it through
And, if you doubt just think about
All the promises that he has made
You don't have to be afraid

Through the smiles, through the sorrow
He was faithful yesterday, and he'll be faithful tomorrow.

You've been dancing on the wire
Walking through the fire
Thinking you're all alone
But you're not on your own
There's a faithful hand to guide you
God will always be beside you
All because he is love
And love won't leave you now.

All because he is love

And love won't leave you now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I looked at the pictures and I couldn't tell which one looks like your blog pic. Are you one of them?

regards

ariel

Unknown said...

Hi. Yes I'm in the pictures. But won't tell you which one. You can see all my posts with photos using this link:

http://elladelrosario.blogspot.com/search/label/Photos

Cheers!