Saturday, April 01, 2006

Hope From the Psalms

Ang ganda ng Psalm for today (actually kahapon, March 31)! From Psalm 34:

18
When the just cry out, the LORD hears and rescues them from all distress.
19
The LORD is close to the brokenhearted, saves those whose spirit is crushed.
20
Many are the troubles of the just, but the LORD delivers from them all.
21
God watches over all their bones; not a one shall be broken.
23
The LORD redeems loyal servants; no one is condemned whose refuge is God.



Yun naman pala e. This is a very comforting reminder. Swak talaga mga psalms kung minsan. Sana lang, counted ako dun sa “the just”, “loyal servants”, tsaka “whose refuge is God”. Assuming that I am counted, then I am assured that I will be rescued, delivered, protected and redeemed by God from all these.

Parang natuwa ako kasi naiintindihan ng psalmist natin ngayon na marami nga akong pinagdadaanan, mga kung anu-ano. “Many are the troubles of the just, but the LORD delivers from them all”. I believe so. Lilipas din ito. Ika nga, my God is bigger than all my problems. Atsaka sino ba ang walang problema?

Yung mga nakalipas na prayer time ko, parang napaka-helpless ko na. God, bakit hindi ako nagbabago? Isyu ko pa rin itong mga lumang isyu na ito? Nakakahiya na sa Inyo. Nakakasawa na rin. Parang dapat hindi ko na pinagdadaanan ito. Atsaka, Lord, pagod na ako.

Today after reading this psalm and hearing it during the sisters’ prayer meeting, I realized, God knows my heart and He hears and rescues me from my distress. My problems are not that earth-shaking, but still they have caused me sleepless nights and tension headaches. They may be worthless concerns compared to the world’s ills, but to my God they matter, and He can easily deliver me from this again.

So, yun, kaya wala akong maisulat these past few weeks. Parang mas gusto ko munang magbasa. Makinig. Maghintay. Hindi man na-solve sa isang iglap ang mga ito, napaalala sa akin na Mayroon akong hinihintay.

Pasensiya na kung Taglish, umaga na eh. [It’s 4:25 a.m.]

No comments: