Monday, December 19, 2005

Now Playing: Let it Be Done

I have a new favorite song! I heard it during the 9am mass at the Our Lady of Mount Carmel church here at Tempe, Arizona. I guess it spoke to where I was at the moment I heard it. I couldn't stop the tears from falling, but had to wipe them away because I went to that church for the very first time and I didn't want to cry in front of strangers.

It's a beautiful song and it captures the prayers of Mary and Joseph based on the gospel for today. It started with Mary's response, then Joseph's response, then finally I found myself singing about my own response to God.

I spent a lot of time on the internet looking for the lyrics, considering I didn't catch its title. I found it after using one keyword: "understand". It was also the word that struck me most. I may not understand the wisdom of Your plan, but I'll answer Lord, Let it be. Let it be done unto me.

Let it Be Done
Chris Muglia



1. When she heard the voice of God
calling her to be
the instrument he needed
to bring our world the King of Kings,
she could not understand
the wisdom of God's plan, but still she answered:
"Let it be. Let it be done unto me."

2. When he heard the voice of God
calling him to stand
and take the virgin as his wife
and teach her child to be a man,
he could not understand
the wisdom of God's plan, but still he answered:
"Let it be. Let it be done unto me."

Refrain
And we say: "Yes, Lord,
we're ready to receive.
Yes, Lord, we're ready to believe.
Let it be. Let it be done unto me."

3. When we hear the voice of God
calling out our names,
Lord, we pray you give us faith
to answer you in anything.
And we may not understand
the wisdom of your plan, but we will answer:
"Let it be. Let it done unto me."

No comments: