Monday, November 28, 2005

The Week that Was

Blogger is doing it again - making it difficult for me to upload photos. I don't have Hello by Picasa here as I'm using my cousin Peachy's computer and I don't want to install too many programs into her PC.

Since last week I've been to Great Mall, Union Landing, IHOP, Target, San Francisco, Cable Cars, Rainforest Cafe, Pier 39, Fisherman's Wharf, Macy's, H&M, Gilroy, Stoneridge -- actually it's been one mall after another. After-Thanksgiving is shopping season here, everybody busy getting Christmas gifts ("one to give, one to keep", as Bath * Body Works encourages us) at super low prices.

Thursday was Thanksgiving Day and it was time to see relatives I haven't seen in years and to eat traditional food mixed with Filipino favorites. Pancit canton and turkey, anyone? Pancit palabok and pumpkin pie? We didn't eat much for a couple of days after that pigout day.

Last Friday was shopping day - from Target to Gilroy to Stoneridge - tiring both on the feet and the wallet. So I got me a new wallet, but not feet. Oh, I forgot about the shoes. My family and I could give Imelda a run for her money. Aerosoles seemed to be giving away shoes and my cousin just bought for all of us our new favorite pair each.

Yesterday we toured San Francisco. I saw the Golden Gate bridge but could not stand the cold!!! I froze and did not want to stay very long, although they said the weather was even cooperating with us. It was sunny and cold, weird for a Filipina. We ate at Japantown, passed by premium outlets at Petaluma, visited my cousin Peachy's school - Dominican College (or was it university?), and dropped by the beach. Yes, the beach! I saw the other side of the Pacific Ocean. I kept jogging around though because it was sunset and the cold wind kept slapping my face! We stayed there for two full minutes, took four shots, and trooped back in the van.

A week ago all I wanted for Christmas was something... and then I got it, and now all I want for Christmas are its accessories. Aah, I remember the tiny voice telling me that acquiring does not stop.

We went to Sunday Mass today at St. Bede's parish again. It's always beautiful to celebrate Mass in a different country. I am reminded that I belong to one holy, Catholic and apostolic church.

To friends back home, yes I'm having a great time despite the cold! I miss all of you though. Some more than others.

No comments: