Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Life isn't Perfect, So What's New?

Just one of those days when nothing seems to be wrong yet I don't feel quite right. Could be my hormones or the lack thereof. Thought I'd blog about it although not in detail. The last straw was the anti-virus software that I thought I was downloading until a minute ago. It stopped at 74%, after almost an hour of waiting! Since it wasn't intelligent enough to have its own download manager, I lost the entire 74%, and I'm back to zero! This is my third attempt to download that thing. Windows Security Alert is nagging me about not having anti-virus protection, but what can a girl do???

This day is not a total zero, as I had a good lunch at Teriyaki Boy with former officemates; a good working day with free ube cake at the office; a movie date with Mama, "Must Love Dogs" - not evenly paced, something I would have enjoyed watching on DVD na lang; and in fact, a whole chunk of time this morning to myself sorting out things that had been bugging me since Friday.

The day is almost over and I'm still virus-prone, still un-figured out, and still heavily bugged. I'm too tired to finish all the work I brought home and too lazy to edit this post. Perhaps last weekend's wedding, plus the Lingkod Christian Sexuality Course I attended last Sunday, and the gatherings with friends that I've been to recently, all added complications to the questions whirling in my head.

Of all the questions, all I can write here is this: Why is it that despite the knowledge of the importance of protecting my computer from virus attack, and after 74% of the waiting done, it just freezes and I am prevented once more from installing it and I have to start over again?

Aww, shut up Windows Security Alert. I know I'm in trouble. Stop nagging me, world. If the virus comes while I'm still vulnerable then I would just crash. The hard disk, I mean. It's not that I haven't been trying to download and install the convoluted thing. It just wouldn't cooperate with me, through no fault of my own.

No one, no one, no one ever is to blame. I'll just sing that song and look silly. That should release some of this tension. Don't know where it's coming from but it sure is overstaying. Go away. Shoo fly don't bother me. I belong to Somebody.

No comments: