Monday, May 09, 2005

Mind Over Matter

I have been battling with my body since last week. Or maybe my body has been the one rebelling against me. Whichever is closer to the truth, I find myself on sick leave again today. I had a migraine that threatened to split my head into two last night. I could neither understand nor believe it was happening to me. Yes, even when I get sick I want to know why. I was told that I get migraines because I think too much.

I don't think I think too much. I think I don't think enough. Maybe by attempting not to think, I end up thinking at the back of my mind. I think I've just gone mental. The priest at our healing mass said that healing is an ongoing process.

The heat is not helping. I get waves of nausea just thinking about the heat.

How does one stop thinking? Maybe I know the answer but it's buried neck-deep underneath all the anxious thoughts I've accumulated about the future.

Lord, I pray for the grace to wait patiently and joyfully for every day to unfold. Amen.

No comments: