Thursday, November 04, 2004

I Saw a Rainbow Today

Yup I did! On my way home from work, I saw a huge rainbow adorning the sky. My friend who dropped me off pointed out to me that there's a second, fainter rainbow that's beside the big, bright one. I had to stop for a couple of minutes to gaze at its beauty and to thank God for His wonderful work. Dark rainclouds warned me of impending rain, however, so I started to resume walking.

There were two kinds of people I met on the road. There were those who looked up to the direction of the rainbow and controlled their smiles. I exchanged knowing looks with these people. There were those whose heads were either bent down in concentration or were too focused on their destination that they failed to notice the colorful arch standing tall and framing Ever Gotesco Commonwealth. I wanted to tap their shoulders or wave at them to point out God's promise written on the sky. I decided against it, though, and just prayed that when they need something to brighten up their day, they would also see a rainbow as beautiful as the one that brightened mine today.

No comments: